Post release branching ?

This is more or less related to BuildStream format, I think less
related than more.

I think we have consensus anyway at this point that we're not going to
repeat this accumulative thing that we did with JHBuild in theĀ
gnome-build-meta repository, so lets create a branch.

I propose that:

  o We agree that the branch should be named gnome-3.28 following
    the "standard" which is suggested but not imposed on GNOME
    modules.

  o We amend the "making a release" wiki to indicate that:

    i.) a branch should be created for every stable major point
        release.

    ii.) minor point .1 and .2 stable releases should be released off
         of the appropriate branch.

Is there any other action points I would be missing here ?

I think this has to happen "right now", as people will be sending us in
 some emails notifying us that their modules have branched, we should
not be landing these tracking branch changes in the gnome-build-meta
master branch, but in the stable branch instead.

Cheers,
    -Tristan