Re: Freeze break request for libsoup

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
but.... nobody ever wants notifications from websites.

Currently, if are signed in with a Google account and click the notification bubble on google.com, it takes ages to load, and eventually gives up with an error. Please test it. The problem is caused because our third-party cookie policy is too strict. Since we block third-party cookies by default, we need to follow the lead of the only other browser that does so, Safari, and consider only the website's base domain and not the full domain when deciding whether a cookie is third-party.

This has nothing to do with desktop notifications, which have separate permissions to prevent users from becoming annoyed. Google doesn't create desktop notifications anyway.