Re: New module in GNOME: gnome-internet-radio-locator

On Mon, 2018-05-21 at 16:09 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Ole Aamot <ole aamotsoftware com>
wrote:
What else do I have to do to mark the module
gnome-internet-radio-locator for release in
GNOME 3.29.2 unstable?

Hi Ole,

Hello,

For GNOME 3.28, we severely downsized what we release to just a few
core GNOME apps and dependencies. The motivation behind this change
was
to reduce the amount of software that the release team was
responsible
for (it was just too much). Anyway, that more or less corresponds to
[1] and dependencies. Everything else was moved off to the world
element [2].

Sounds good.

It's possible that we could revisit this change! But as things
stand,
I'd invite you to add gnome-internet-radio-locator to the world
element
instead. This doesn't require any approval, since world doesn't get
officially released by release team. Just add an element file under
elements/world, add it to the list in world.bst, and verify that it
builds successfully. Feel free to either push directly or open a
merge
request, as you prefer.

I have added and pushed

gnome-build-meta/elements/world/gnome-internet-radio-locator.bst

in

gnome-build-meta/elements/world.bst

I have also tested the build with the instructions on

https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildSystemComponent

See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/commit/828828c53304
8edff83b8be0443dd3ece31f7900

I hope gnome-internet-radio-locator will be included in GNOME 3.30.

I published 1.4.0 on
https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-internet-radio-locator/1.4/gno
me-internet-radio-locator-1.4.0.tar.xz

Hope that's OK,