Code freeze break request for VTE (segfault fix)

Hi,

There's a recently discovered flaw in VTE's current development series 0.53 that occasionally leads to a segfault when the widget is unrealized.

This can lead to all the gnome-terminal windows and tabs being gone when one tab is closed.

Previous stable 0.52 is unaffected, the bug sneaked in during a code refactoring in the current cycle.

Details and proposed fix at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vte/issues/29.

We'd like to fix it for 0.54.0, preferably using Christian's patch "p", but if you find that too complex then at least my one-liner nullness check as shown in the previous comment (and Christian's patch for 0.54.1).

Thanks a lot,
Egmont