Re: Minor UI freeze break for Maps

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Marcus Lundblad <ml update uu se> wrote:
Hi!

In Maps I'd like to make a couple of last-minute changes (I think
they're quite minor).

First: we have some non-modal dialogs (the editing of object in
OpenStreetMap, sign-up to accounts on OpenStreetMap, and exporting the
map view as an image) which are not being placed in some awkward place,
 like upper corner when run under Wayland. So, the change here would be
to make these dialogs modal.

Second: currenly we always focus the main search entry on start-up.
This has the effect of always showing the on-screen keyboard on touch
devices with no keyboard attached. The change here would change the
behavior so that typing (excluding keyboard shortcuts, obviously) would
focus (and forward characters) to the main search entry when no other
text entry is "active" (this is more in-line with how other GNOME apps
behave, I'd say).

So, I'd like to ask for freeze exceptions for these changes

Not sure these qualify as UI freeze breaks, really: no screenshot would be rendered inaccurate by these changes.
That being said, seeing the suggested code changes would help in judging the risk.
Anyway, tentative +1 for the release team from me.