Re: Freeze break request for mutter

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 4:39 PM Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

> After applying the patch, correct gnome-shell behavior in RTL languages
> depends on the proper translation of one string in GTK+ for those
> languages?

Well, gtk uses this approach for its own rtl support. And it has been
working ok for many years. I guess the only slightly objectionable
thing here is to use this implementation detail of GTK+ in another
module.

Right, The only alternative I can think of(*) is linking with GTK+ and making the mutter-clutter API a wrapper around gtk_widget_get_default_direction(). Not great either, though I guess it doesn't really matter, given that gtk+ is already a dependency of mutter ...

(*) besides bringing back the entire translation infrastructure for a single string - though I'm not sure multiple translation domains per module are even supported