Re: gtk changes in the jhbuild moduleset

On Fri, 2016-10-07 at 06:33 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
Hi,

we are getting ready to start development of gtk 3.90 in master.
To avoid causing lots of breakage and irritation, here is the plan:

1) Switch the modulesets to use the gtk-3-22 branch for the gtk
module
2) Rename the gtk module to gtk3
3) Add a gtk4 module that follows master
4) Switch applications over to  use gtk4 as they are found to work

If you see a problem with that, please let me know.

Which would mean nothing called "gtk+" in the modulesets? Why not keep
either gtk 3.x or gtk 4.x with that name?

I'd expect the "gtk+" module to build GTK+ 4.x ("the latest").