Re: libsoup 2.53.90 bootstrapping

On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 15:02 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 08:55 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:

On 02/16/2016 06:55 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

Can you please arrange / ensure that the future tarballs are
bootstrapped with intltool 0.51+ ?
I used intltool-0.51.0-3.fc23.noarch... is there something else
that
might have caused the problem?
Hmm... that might turn out tricky then... the only thing directy
coming
to mind is a split in the packages; I'm not all that aware how Fedora
splits (if they do).

Is /usr/share/aclocal/intltool.m4 from the same package / version?

Dan,

I'm coming back to this 'old' topic, as I 'fear' there will be a new
tarball not too far away and I'd like to ensure we have this addressed
properly for that case.

I think I found the issue in the tarball:
-rw-r--r--  1 dimstar users 7206 Jul  9  2015 Makefile.in.in

The 'problem' there: this file is not tracked in git (which is good)
BUT it is not being updated by autogen.sh, due to:

intltoolize --automake --copy

As there is no --force, any such file will be kept it seems. So the
Makefile.in.in which you happened to distribute with the last tarball
was written with an old version of intltool, resulting in the troubles
seen.

Can you please ensure to remove old / stale files from your source tree
before your next make dist? Or simply once call intltoolize -f; that
should take care of it until intltool changes in a strane way next
time.

Thanks for your great work!
Dominique