version checking for extensions

Hi Release Team,

I talked with Michael Catanzaro and Florian Müllner at GUADEC in regards to the general issue of extension breakage.

Proposal:
1) turn off version checking, most extensions are broken because nobody updates the version.  We can minimize breakage simply doing that.

2) institute a mandatory stability check using  gnome-continuous  images with OpenQA.  openSUSE will be working on coming up with the checks.  This part is still open ended.  I will work with openSUSE at LAS GNOME and see where it goes.

I'm looking for approval for 1) contingent on 2) being implemented.

sri