Re: Release code names

On Fri, 2015-08-28 at 13:52 +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
On 28 August 2015 at 12:17, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
1. Is the name meant to be just a code name, used to describe
development releases, or is it to be used for the final released
version also?

I would say the final release too.

Final release too for the sake of press exposure (and the fact that
GNOME 3.20 will be released before GNOME.Asia 2016 might also make some
Asian followers aware that GNOME.Asia will take place nearby for them).

2. If we intend to use the name for the public release, how do we
expect the name to be formed? Is it "GNOME Gothenburg", "GNOME 3.18:
Gothenburg", "GNOME 3.18, also known as "Gothenburg", or some other
formulation?

I think this might be best left up to the engagement and release teams…

I'd keep both the version name and the code name.
Hence "GNOME 3.18: Gothenburg" or "GNOME 3.18 (Gothenburg)".

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/