Re: Signing apps on Google Play store

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimo cecchi gmail com> wrote:
Hi Release Team,

The Board has recently been asked a question from Ankit and Zeeshan (in the
CC) about publishing an Android application [1] on the Google Play store
under a GNOME account.
The Board doesn't get involved in technical matters, but the consensus was
that it would be a good idea to promote applications like these as
"official" under a GNOME account, so I'm reaching out to you with my Board
hat on.

It's my understanding that the process of publishing an application on
Google Play involves creating a master key for the organization. Would the

AFAIK separate keys for all applications. No master key.

release-team be interested in helping out with this and holding the secret
keys/creating a process for publishing applications of this kind?
Ankit already said that he volunteers to maintain and release the
application, so that part of the process would not be different from what we
currently have for regular modules.

Any feedback appreciated!

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/GeoclueShare

Thanks,