Re: Let's not do feature proposals for 3.17.x

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 14:37 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
No one's really following the feature proposal process, and it's not
doing us any good.

When we last discussed this, Matthias said that it would be good to
replace the existing process with something that lets people
(particularly distros) know what to expect from each release.

My suggestion would be to make this into a standalone page (such as
ReleasePlanning/FeaturePlanning) which lists ongoing initiatives,
along with a target release for each. This will be easier to maintain
than the existing arrangement.

If no one has any objections, I'll set this up on the wiki. I'd also
like to update the module guideline pages [1, 2] so it's clear what
the current procedures are.

The silence on this list is probably an answer, so please go ahead.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/