Re: GNOME Sound Recorder vs GNOME Media

Thanks, those ideas sound great. I have one other question: how is deprecation usually dealt with in GNOME Bugzilla? Someone filed a bug against my app today, but they chose gnome-media as the component in Bugzilla. I'll subscribe to gnome-media so I can keep an eye out for bugs people file against it that are actually my bugs, but is there anything else I should request?

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Meg,
>
>> The fact that there is a gnome-sound-recorder which is part of gnome-media
>> and no longer runs, and the new gnome-sound-recorder seems to be causing a
>> lot of confusion. I've seen confusion about it on distro bug reports, bug
>> reports filed against my application, and discussions about how to package
>> gnome-media. Is there a solution you can propose to solve the issue?
>
> gnome-media is no longer (since 3.6) part of our published modulesets
> and is listed under "deprecated" in git.gnome.org.  We could mail
> distributor-list gnome org, we could also add a note at the top of
> gnome-media README file, any other idea?

Those seem like good ideas. Not sure we can do much more.