Re: Gnome Boxes freeze break request

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com> wrote:
Hi Zeeshan,
Thanks for working on this. I've tried the patches

Thanks so much for trying.

and as you say
there are some issues to work out:

- The assistant comes up quite wide. I think the whitespace
constraints that were put in place to make the layout somewhat work in
super wide displays now work against us, making it unnecessary wide. I
am also wondering if the sidebar really gives enough indication of
progress to justify densifying the view. Maybe we would be better off
with a "(step 1 of 5)" or even "(1 of 5)" as a suffix to the title.
Maybe Allan wants to chime in?
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/too-wide.png

- We end up with a sub optimal dialog within a dialog for when
selecting an image/iso from the filesystem. It's hopefully just a
fallback, so it's not as tragic. The situation sort of repeats itself
in the customization though, trying to be sneaky and closing the
parent modal (and as a sidenote, having the runtime indicators and
force shutdown button is quite unfortunate in this context too). I'm
not sure how time intensive it would be to do the modification either
directly in place or with a revealer+back button (possibly colliding
with the assistant flow. This definitely needs some design time.

- The properties dialog sidebar needs some whitespace love under the
shutdown button... http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/boxes-padding.png

Sure but is the overall change good enough so I merge the changes
already or you think some of the issues must be addressed before
merging?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)