GNOME 3.7.91 beta development release
- From: Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com>
- To: devel-announce-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, release-team gnome org
- Subject: GNOME 3.7.91 beta development release
- Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:39:13 +0100
the second beta release of development cycle heading to GNOME 3.8 is
With this release we are officially now in "The String Freeze"  (that
stacks with all the current freezes):
- String Freeze: no string changes may be made without confirmation
from the l10n team (gnome-i18n@) and notification to both the release
team and the GDP (gnome-doc-list@).
More details about changes and news for this beta are available here:
The GNOME 3.7.91 release itself is available here:
core sources: http://download.gnome.org/core/3.7/3.7.91/
apps sources: http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.7/3.7.91/
JHBuild modulesets to compile GNOME 3.7.91 by hand are available here
Check the Smoketesting document  for instructions about how to
compile and test GNOME with these modulesets.
Some notes on this release:
* In some distros, people would need to add the option --disable-goa in
order to compile evolution-data-server. This is already fixed in master
and available for the next release.
* gtkmm was skipped on the sample jhbuildrc file due a compilation
issue. This is already solved and available for the next release.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
For more information about 3.8, the full schedule, the official module
lists and the proposed module lists, please see our colourful 3.8
For a quick overview of the GNOME schedule, please see:
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias
GNOME Release Team
] [Thread Prev