Re: NEED INPUT -- Re: release team presentation for the AGM?

On 2 August 2013 18:48, Javier Jardón <jjardon gnome org> wrote:
On 1 August 2013 15:58, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

Also a reminder that r-t meets for lunch at GUADEC on Saturday!

Sorry guys but unfortunately I was unable to come to GUADEC this year
Ill send an email later with the current status of Bluetooth support
in pulseaudio

Ouch, really sorry,  forgot about this. They have been very stressfull
days lately

In case is still of any utility, you have a good resume of the current
status here: [1]
The plan is to enter pulseaudio 5.0 freeze as soon as BlueZ 5 A2DP
(music) patches have been merged.

Note that HSP/HFP (voice call) support in PulseAudio 5.0 will still
require BlueZ 4.
Rigth now, if you want to implement HSP, you need to do it in your own
application or use oFono for HSP/HFP.
BlueZ folks have said they'll try to get back support for HSP in BlueZ
in some form, but some developers are against this idea.

Not sure if you decided already, but IMHO is no point to stay in Bluez
4 waiting for HSP, as we are not going to get that bit in a near
future (and doesnt depend on pulseaudio devels)

Regards

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2013-August/018139.html

--
Javier Jardón Cabezas