another blocker review

Here is my take on our current blocker list:

gnome-control-center
-------------------------------

684492 can't set a password for a passwordless user

Not super-important, but I've marked this as blocker, since live cd
are often set up with passwordless users. I think we should keep this
on the blocker list for now. Bastien is going to look at this today.

gnome-settings-daemon
-----------------------------------

679151 Consumes 100% CPU (NumLock)

This is in needinfo; Bastien has added extra debug code so we can get
more info from users who can reproduce it. Not much else to do here,
we can move this off the blocker list, imo.

680689 power: enforcing lid close

This affects systemd-based systems which use logind for suspend. The
current state is that we have a better suited lid-close handling API
in logind now, but that only appeared in systemd 190 yesterday (!).
Richard is working on a patch to make use of it in the power plugin.
The current plan is to not merge the patch for .0 (not the least
because it would bump our systemd dependency to a less-than-a-week-old
release). Instead, we'll keep the patch in the bug and ship it as a
distro patch in Fedora. I'll send guidance about this to
distributor-list early next week.

The patch is going to significantly simplify the power plugin, and for
3.8 we'll have to discuss how much of the CK/upower support code we
want to keep, or if we can get those who still rely on this code to
step up and maintain it.

681685 Allow setting shortcut based only on a combination of two
modifier keys, eg. Alt+Shift

This is important to make input sources work as expected. Rui has a
patch to add infrastructure for this to g-s-d, which has been going
through review. The plan for the UI is to add something in
gnome-tweak-tool; Rui is going to work on that once the infrastructure
has landed. We should keep this on the blocker list and get it in.

gnome-shell
------------------

682429 gdm => session transition doesn't look very good

Drop this from the blocker list. It is a polish issue, and a bit
unfortunate, but no working solution has been proposed yet, and we are
out of time.

683546 onscreen keyboard not working

#1 blocker, in my opinion. Causes the shell to randomly lock up with
stuck grabs and makes the OSK entirely unusable. Florian is working on
it today.

683918 gnome-shell 3.5.91 fails to populate applications

Moved this to needinfo today. Should drop it from the blocker list,
imo. Only one report, and none with .92 yet.

684487 not getting wireless secrets dialogs anymore

I've filed this one. It was a live cd, so somewhat special situation.
I need to go back and investigate more. Keep on the blocker list for
now, imo.

nautilus
-----------

682395 Nautilus tabs have black background

Should drop this one, imo. It is in needinfo, and we don't have an
idea what might be causing this. Cosimo hasn't been able to reproduce,
neither have I.

682836 possible performance regression with large directories

Worth investigating, but shouldn't be a blocker, I think.

orca
------

684474 screen reader doesn't read on the login screen

#2 blocker, in my opinion. It would be really sad if our new login
screen caused us to regress on a11y, in particular since this is the
year of accessibility. Ray has been looking into it, no solution yet,
but the problem is clear.

tracker

680424 Port to gstreamer 1.0

Should drop this off the blocker list. A patch exists, but it needs
testing. We haven't quite reached our 100% gstreamer1 goal anyway;
rhythmbox has not been completed either. Getting this patch into 3.6.1
will be good enough for most distributions, anyway.

Comments ? Opinions ?
Any other bugs that should be on this list ?