Re: Requiring systemd for the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin

(Somehow you manage to reply with "Florian Max"@gmail, "Florian
Mullner"@gmail, and "Florian Muller"@gnome. I won't question it)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
> <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>> This is what I feel. DBus is our system abstraction layer. I feel that
>> making ConsoleKit support the logind interface wouldn't be that big of
>> a patch and solve this issue, at least.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken ConsoleKit only provides a subset of logind's
> functionality though.

logind provides the union of UPower and ConsoleKit, no? I wonder if it
would make sense to have a separate org.freedesktop.powerd interface
that UPower would provide, then.

Is there anything else?

--
  Jasper