[no subject]

Hi,

you are receiving this mail because you maintain one or more of the
fallback-mode-only modules in the GNOME moduleset:

metacity
gnome-panel
gnome-applets
notification-daemon
gnome-screensaver
polkit-gnome
nm-applet

I'm writing to inform you that the release team discussed
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointSeven/Features/DropOrFixFallbackMode
yesterday. We've come to the conclusion that we can't maintain
fallback mode in reasonable quality, and are better off dropping it.
We're now working on organizing this so that it does not create more
fallout than necessary.

The immediate consequence for the modules listed above is that they
will fall out of the meta-gnome-core moduleset and be moved to
gnome-world. After that has happened (planned for 2.7.2 or 2.7.3), you
might want to decide whether you want to officially declare the
modules unmaintained and move them to the git/archived, or look for
people who are interested in keeping them alive.

Let use know if there's any concerns with this decision.

Matthias