Re: Documents Freeze break request

On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 23:09 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in the last week I worked on a series of improvements for GNOME
> > Documents; most these changes were initially planned to be done during
> > the 3.4 cycle but unfortunately I missed the freeze deadline.
> > Changes include
> > - the use of checkbuttons instead of the classic treeview-like selection
> > background for selection mode
> > - changing the title of the toolbar according to the current view
> > - support for drag and drop of items out of the application
> > - show document date information in list view
> > - support for printing documents
> > I put some screenshots of the new features here [1].
> >
> > The changes unfortunately include quite some new strings and touch some
> > important bits of the UI, but I think they're worth it and I would like
> > to merge them for next Monday's beta, so I am here requesting a freeze
> > break for these changes.
> >
> > Code can be found at [2].
> >
> > [1] http://people.gnome.org/~cosimoc/documents-3-4/
> > [2] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-documents/log/?h=wip/ui-changes
>
> All of these look great to me, but we'll have to hear what the doc and
> i18n teams have to say - I know the doc team spent time on
> gnome-documents this cycle, so they may have an opinion.

OK for docs. Those help pages need quite a bit of work before they're
ready to ship anyway. Either we'll get to the updates, or they'll get
backed out for 3.4. These changes at this stage don't make that much
harder.

Cosimo, the screenshots are really helpful. Can you leave them up
through at least the 3.4.0 release?

--
Shaun