Re: meeting materials: what is gnome

> Since I put this on the agenda, I should provide some input. Here is a
> document (largely written by Ryan Lortie, with some edits and
> clarifications by me), which I would like us to adopt as a working
> definition for what it is that we release as the release team.

Comments after reading it twice:

* typo: enivronments -> environments
* "MeeGo and Unity": I would also mention Mer here
* at first reading it felt slightly excluding and not welcoming.  For
example "Use of our technologies in other environments are considered
secondary concerns." could have an "is welcome but".
I admit that a second reading felt way better already though.
* freedesktop.org: "Publication of a project under the banner of
freedesktop.org is a clear indication that this project is willing to
take the needs of multiple desktop environments into account."
Maybe another sentence that it is entirely up to the maintainer how much
s/he investigates writing code for other (less popular) platforms and
architectures, but that contributions should be always welcomed.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper