Re: GNOME 3.5.90 beta development release

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 22:52 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> KNOWN ISSUES
> --------------------------
>
> Due to recent changes in webkitgtk 1.9.90 related to auto-generate DOM
> bindings, Evolution fails to build. We hope developers will be able to
> fix this ASAP in our git repository and provide working packages for
> 3.5.91 release.

>From Xan's posting to d-d-l it sounds like the WebKit/GTK+ team planned
to revert the break since the API is supposed to be stable, so Evolution
and other applications shouldn't have to do anything but downgrade their
WebKit/GTK+ and be patient.

Regardless, Evolution has worked around the breakage in git for now.
Distributors can add this commit if they wish to ship Evo 3.5.90:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=485704419b11685e4753024dabec53d1668aaa9d

Whether I revert that commit depends on WebKit/GTK+'s next move.

Maybe worth a followup post if you think it's worth it.

Matthew Barnes