Feature Proposals vs new modules [was: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist]

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have some concern though that for framework authors, it's very hard to understand the new module proposal process.

This might be slightly off the topic... so I understand if you would put this in another thread.

New features get planned for GNOME 3.6. When it comes to implementing them, which is most probably after the feature proposal is over, how is it decided if a technology should be used or not if the proposal period is closed? How would it affect the developers if a library or a framework  is blessed to be used in a core application? How will the user notice that?

E.g: Empathy want to add sorting contract according to popularity? If the feature is not in the 3.6 feature plan [0], does this mean the feature should be postponed 6 months? If no, can the Empathy developers use a library or daemon that is not regarded as an external dependency for GNOME? What if an external dependency wants to add a dependency?

I am not sure that rules that apply on UI visible proposals, should be applied on libraries and non-ui modules.

Cheers
Seif

[0] https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointFive/Features/