Re: java-libglom 1.17.2

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 09:13:30PM +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:

>> > Hi Ben,
>> >
>> > Where is the code for this hosted? I don't see it at git.gnome.org.
>>
>> Hi Olav,
>>
>> Java-libglom is hosted on gitorious:
>>
>> https://gitorious.org/online-glom/java-libglom
>>
>> Is this a problem?
>
> I just expect all tarballs on ftp.gnome.org to have their code on
> git.gnome.org. I'm working on some ideas to further redesign
> master.gnome.org whereby access is stricly regulated via doap files..
> which I'd expect to exist on git.gnome.org.
>
> So problem: no, but would still prefer if it was on git.gnome.org.

This seems like a reasonable position. I'm actually ok with hosting
the code for java-libglom on git.gnome.org but I would miss some of
the features of gitorious. Do you think that the GNOME project would
ever have a local install of gitorious?

As for moving the actual code over, do you know if there's an easy way
to import the git history from gitorious to git.gnome.org?

Before I commit to moving the code to git.gnome.org, let me touch base
with Murray Cumming to make sure he's ok with this change.

Thanks, Ben