Re: [gnome-power-manager] Remove GpmTrayIcon

On 29 May 2011 09:29, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>>     We no longer support showing our own status icon. GNOME Shell FTW.
>
> This was a few weeks ago already, but what about fallback mode?

I'm in the process of merging gnome-power-manager into
gnome-settings-daemon. For fallback mode we can either add something
small back into gsd or we can do something external like we did with
the update notifier for xfce. The patch against g-s-d is pretty huge
already, so expect more features to be ripped out before being added
back in time for 3.2.

Richard.