Re: Listening to user base

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 18:57 +0200, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> Meritocracy would be ideal, but how do you judge merit? And what if it
> is merit in different fields (say, design and development)?

It's unclear how and if a validation of some (especially design related)
"arguable" 3.0 decisions will take place for 3.2.

I don't think anybody has thought about concepts how to handle user
feedback on those decisions. I'm not aware of any publicly available
usability testing results either (URLs welcome).

The current situation can make it look like GNOME developers and
designers know better what's good for the user (especially when you have
certain bug reports with 50 people explaining why they dislike a design
change and it's ignored - you can also consider this a marketing problem
of course, if you want to ignore the underlying design problem).

Plus "it's by design so it's WONTFIX" might have become the new
knock-out argument in favor of an excessive brand protection.

andre

[PS: Obviously my personal opinion and not speaking on behalf of any
team, by default.]
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper | http://www.openismus.com