Re: [empathy] (60 commits) Created branch gnome-2-34

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Jonny Lamb <jonnylamb gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 15:49:04 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> Ehr.. there won't be any GNOME 2.34. We have 2.32 and next version is
>> 3.0.
>
> As some distributions aren't shipping GTK 3.0 we decided to make a few
> 2.34 releases with some new Telepathy features backported from
> master. We chose version 2.34 because 2.32 is already feature-frozen.

I somehow think it would be way cooler to spend the energy on making
sure we make the best possible impression in GNOME 3, and let those
distros do the backporting work if they don't feel like helping out
with 3.0.

There's a few important things we still need in empathy, first of all
sorting out the presence indicator between empathy, gnome-session and
the shell.