Feature Proposal Guidelines? / Schedule

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 16:11 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> I've dumped a first 3.1 schedule draft at
> http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/Sched1
> as distros prefer to have this a bit earlier IIRC.

I've moved the schedule to
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne#Schedule , however for the "Feature
Proposal and Discussion Period" we first need some guidelines on a
wikipage instead of linking directly to the 3.1 Planning page IMO, like

* Who can add features there?
  => anybody proposing a platform-wide feature (not on an app level)
     with a (likely) assignee (somebody allocating time to work on it).
* Does that imply a feature freeze after 3.1.1?
  => we refer to planning of platform wide features.
     This is not about features within a module.
     We'd like to encourage people to improve planning and
     elaborate future plans for the GNOME platform by this.
* How does this play well with the "old" module proposals system?
  => expecting that adding new modules mostly happens because
     of adding new features for the GNOME platform, this is now
     part of it.
     No changes to the current system of bumping dependencies.

Further comments etc or clarifications appreciated.

After getting a basic version of this out (quickly...) I'd announce the
draft *and* the feature proposal and discussion period.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper | http://www.openismus.com