Re: GCalctool string freeze request

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 11:02 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there some guideline for putting shortcuts into the tooltips? I
> haven't any gnome app doing that, yet.

I've seen it done, though I can't seem to find an application
that does it now.  I makes a lot of sense to me.  It's a very
unobtrusive way to teach people shortcuts, without making them
open up the help.

> Doc Team and Release Team, what do you think about it?

No documentation impact.  I think this just comes down to
the impact on the translation teams.  One caveat:

> Am Montag, den 01.03.2010, 11:07 +1100 schrieb Robert Ancell:
> > I'd like to update the tooltips on the base buttons to include the
> > shortcut keys, the string changes will be:
> > "Base 2" -> "Base 2 (Ctrl+B)"
> > "Base 8" -> "Base 2 (Ctrl+O)"
> > "Base 16" -> "Base 2 (Ctrl+H)"

Robert, I'm just making sure this was a copy & paste snafu,
and that you're not really going to call them all "Base 2". ;-)

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/