Re: Permission requested to commit UI changes to gnome-display-properties

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 15:08 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>

> > In addition to this, do we have any usability people who can say that
> > this is an improvement? :-)
> >

> I don't need usability people to tell me that this is an improvement.
> Seems pretty obvious to me....

It isn't nearly as obvious to me. I understand the logic in splitting
monitor-specific stuff away from the others, and this fits well with the
direction one reads text. Making things smaller is always appreciated.
However, there are a couple of nagging UI details for me (note, however:
I am not a UI expert):

      * The Detect Monitors button seems weirdly placed beside "mirror
        screens". This has always been the case, but it's amplified here
        by being closer to that check box instead of to the right of the
        window.
      * What incentive is there behind removing that "Drag the monitors
        to set their place" label? Users who don't realize they can
        change the arrangement probably won't get as far as actually
        having the mouse pointer inside that widget and observing the
        new tooltip. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Dylan McCall