Re: Moduleset reorg

Hey,

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>>  - accerciser, anjuta, devhelp, glade3, gnome-devel-docs (devtools)

These are apps, except the docs which make more sense to be available
on library.gnome and not in a release anyway.

>>  - pessulus, sabayon (admin)

Cool tools but they are just apps.

>>  - caribou, dasher, gnome-mag, orca (accessibility)

A few problems here with all of these.  They don't match the designs,
don't really make sense except as part of the core (universal access
requires it), don't work in/with the shell, don't integrate well with
other core components and technologies (i18n, input methods, etc).
Much discussion about this at GNOME Summit.  At this point successful
a11y is really a non-starter with the toolkit support we currently
have.

>>  - gnome-applets (even if we still have gnome-panel)

RIP.  Essential applets should be part of gnome-panel itself.  It
doesn't make sense to have applets only in the gnome 2 fallback
experience.

>>  - gnome-color-manager

I suppose this is targeted to be part of the core but won't be for
3.0.  We don't have designs for it.

>>  - rygel

Honestly, I have no idea what this aims to be.  Need to know more about it.

>>  - sound-juicer

An app.

> Those modules are still missing from the new modulesets; the missing
> devtools is especially annoying as the doc & dev tools hackfest starts
> today.

They don't belong in the core moduleset.  But we should add them to
the apps set (but probably not featured).

> Also the new modulesets broke library.gnome.org (I forwarded an email
> already).

Wasn't enough context there for me to understand where the error came from.

Thanks,
Jon