Re: Request for comment (web team): release date for GNOME 3.0

Hi Vincent,

Yay for late replies!

So, unfortunately, things got stuck in the last few months.

Quick summary: what we have now is a Plone website with the proposed
content structure and initial implementation of the new design.
Carsten is working on the integration with GNOME i18n. We have drafts
for several parts of the content but a general review and production
on missing content is still pending. We're now waiting for the
editor's Plone instance to be installed on GNOME servers so that the
content team can start implementing the content on the actual website

I have just restarted the work on the website and I expect to have
more stuff being done in the next weeks. I'm confident that we can
have the new website ready in March (2.30). It will all depend on the
availability of our volunteers though. Let's see.



2009/11/3 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> Hi,
> The release team is gathering comments from various teams to get a
> proper idea of which of March or September 2010 is more appropriate for
> the release of GNOME 3.0. The decision for the release date is following
> what we set in the 3.0 planning document [1]: we want 3.0 to be out in
> 2010, but we also want to make sure that 3.0 is rock-solid; your input
> will help us take an informed decision.
> It'd be great if someone could summarize the status of the work that is
> being done in your team (especially for the new website), and how March
> or September would work for you.
> Thanks,
> Vincent
> PS: make sure to cc the release team for the reply ;-)
> [1]
> --
> Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
> _______________________________________________
> release-team mailing list
> release-team gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]