Re: [DRAFT] GNOME to migrate to git

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Here's a very first sketchy version of the git migration announcement.
> The suggested plan is to migrate everything just after the 2.26.1
> release (April 14).

Thanks for taking care of this.  Good work too.  Just one comment...

> Since January 2009, a group of brave contributors (Owen Taylor, Kristian
> Høgsberg, Behdad Esfahbod, Federico Quintero, Elijah Newren, and others) have

I don't really belong being mentioned here.  I got sick in the early
part of January, then found out at work that not only was the second
"final" decision to move to git actually really final (final decisions
have a hard time sticking sometimes), but the infrastructure team
intended to move about 3-4 months sooner than I realistically
expected, and I've been swamped helping them with that ever since.
Luckily, it looks like it turned out to be a success despite the
super-compressed schedule, though I'm currently still trying to help
the dust settle.

I'm disappointed that I simply didn't have time to help with the GNOME
migration.

Big thanks to Owen, Kristian, and the others for picking up the slack.

Elijah