Re: GNOME and git

I wrote :

> Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> > Yep. Was waiting for Owen's status update to evaluate the situation,
> > before working on the messaging :-) But sounds good.
>
> We should really get the official word out, as people will start to
> notice...[1]

That was two weeks ago; and there is just two weeks left before
2.26.0, which is (was?) the planned git migration date.  I am still
too critic of the decision process to write a neutral announcement.

Also, fwiw, I just sent out a a list of modules using svn:externals,
which was the last unhandled blocker item in Vincent summary email.

Cheers,
        Frederic