Re: gnome-canvas deprecation
- From: Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>
- To: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnome-canvas deprecation
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:00:47 +0200
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:04:58AM +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Yes, we don't have the one perfect canvas in GNOME. So deprecating one
> of them without having a substitute just triggers lots of work.
> After talking to several people in the Evolution team (they already got
> a lot to do for cleanup ;-) and Federico I propose to either
> * revert the deprecation of gnome-canvas (but that would encourage
> developers to use it, probably not good) or
> * keep gnome-canvas deprecated but accept it to be still around in
> GNOME 3.
* move it from Platform to Desktop set as of GNOME 3?
to reduce guarantees on stability, etc
] [Thread Prev