pango release

Heya,

So, I've not had branched pango this cycle yet, but recently added new API, so
for stable release today I had to branch from some 20 or so revisions ago and
cherry pick bugfixes, merging the changelog conflicts, etc, and push the
branch out and create a release.  I've not so far succeeded doing that with
the mess that is called git-svn.  I may just do it in git and push the release
out and never push that branch into svn.  Does that sound like such a bad idea?

Cheers,
behdad