Re: 2.25 Schedule Draft

Am Sonntag, den 31.08.2008, 23:22 +0200 schrieb Andre Klapper:
> Am Sonntag, den 31.08.2008, 22:57 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:
> > Le samedi 30 août 2008, à 02:53 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> > > ...available at http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/Sched1 .
>
> The two weeks are the old christmas vacations problem that we will
> always run into...
> We could have 26 instead of 25 weeks and release on March 25th, we just
> need to let distributors know early so they can adjust plans.
> Announcement Periods would start on Jan 12th.
> I avoided this in my draft only because we've been always releasing in
> the first part of March, but that is no argument to not change this if
> it helps us to be more productive in early Januar. ;-)

vuntz still may want to respond to this.
Like every 6 months the translation freeze debate came up on gnome-i18n.
Do we want to have a translation freeze on Thursday 23:59 UTC before the
2.26.0 release on Monday?
I don't have a strong position, but I'd like to try it. And remember
that we can still have exceptions.
I'd love to know stats about the number of still updated translations in
those 4 last days, though I don't know if a high number would make me
either pro or con my own proposal. I think I want to try that.

I'm probably sending my proposal (with a 4 days docu freeze at the end)
to d-d-l after 2.24.0 is out if nobody responds.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed