Re: GDM trunk will be used for GNOME 2.24.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:19:26AM +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Montag, den 22.09.2008, 09:12 +0200 schrieb Olav Vitters:
> > On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 02:19:33AM +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > > The release-team is going to use gdm trunk for GNOME 2.24.
> >
> > Ehr? Based upon which discussion?!?
>
> kmaraas and mclasen were in favor of using svn trunk. vuntz, fcrozat and
> me had some concerns, probably you too (haven't seen a mail posting by
> you). lucasr and guenther never commented on this IIRC which didn't make
> it easier to find a consensus. d-d-l feedback was mixed.
> I'm quite neutral and just bored by the discussion, neither pro or con
> using the new one - *shrug*.
> vuntz might want to comment here too and add any missing pieces.

I did not comment as:
1) we got no feedback from gdm maintainers (in reasonable timeframe)
about the stuff I had issues with
2) as no feedback was provided vuntz mailed that we would stay with gdm
2.20

I assume we would stay with 'if in doubt, don't use it'.

--
Regards,
Olav