Re: glibmm not yet API frozen

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 20:08 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le dimanche 13 janvier 2008, à 13:24 +0100, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> > glibmm is not yet API frozen. In particular, we are still finishing the
> > bindings for the new gio API in glib. We are generally working hard to
> > get this done soon so we can be confident enough of the API to be stable
> > before GNOME 2.22 is released.
> >
> > I assume that this is more or less OK. glib and GTK+ don't follow the
> > GNOME schedule so we generally don't expect glbmm and gtkmm to do so
> > always.
>
> Thanks for letting us know! It's fine, yes: the freeze is "hard" only
> for the platform.

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to point out that this is wrong.
The Platform Bindings must follow the schedule too, including the
freezes, as much as is possible given that glib/GTK+ don't follow it
yet. You do need to enforce this.

Hopefully glibmm's new API will be OK, but I would have understood if
you had said that we had to punt.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com