Re: Improving things for translators

Jorge González González wrote:
El jue, 13-03-2008 a las 10:53 +0100, Vincent Untz escribió:
One last item is that more and more teams are now able to translate the
documentation, but it's very hard since it's not frozen and can change
at the very last minute. Claude suggested on IRC that we add a new
documentation freeze for translators: the freeze would start the
week-end before the .0 release. This way the documentation can still be
updated during the last week before the release and translators have a
few days to update the translations. I think it'd make sense to lift the
freeze after the .0 release (so documentation can still be updated
between .0 and .1) and enforce it again the week-end before the .1
release, and so on.
Yes please, in menay releases the documentation changed at the very last
moment and we were unable to get the translations ready. It'd be very
nice to have also string freeze for the manuals.

Iguess a week would be enough if there aren't huge changes.
A User Interface translation freeze date prior to the Document translation freeze date would also help in ensuring translation finalization and curtailing last minute updates on support status of languages.

Thanks

Runa

--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com