Re: Improving things for translators

Le jeudi 13 mars 2008, à 11:42 +0100, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:53:03AM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > I'd like to have us improve things a bit. Hopefully, we've all learnt
> > from the gio/gvfs experience how to handle big core changes and I expect
> > us to be able to avoid problems for translators on this side. So
> > hopefully, this shouldn't happen any more :-)
>
> What is the suggested action plan in future? I can only think of a
> longer schedule. This as there isn't really any way that you do it in
> phases.

Force people to work on it earlier in the cycle. We started using gio
and working on gvfs way too late in the cycle. If people had started
porting their app to gio earlier, things would have been better, really.

Also, fwiw, if a similar change happens again in the future, I'd really
prefer to have the library be a separate module in the desktop for one
cycle before integrating in the platform. We had to make late API
changes to gio, which is bad.