Re: help sanity check the release notes

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:49:10PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:04:11PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:04:17PM +0900, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > > What this means is that if you think you have a stake in the release
> > > notes, you should sanity check them for me. It's really easy to do:
> > >
> > >   Step 1. Check them out from SVN:
> > >           svn co svn+ssh://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnomeweb-wml/trunk/www.gnome.org/start/2.22/ release-notes-2.22
> >
> > Heads-up: I plan to move the release-notes soon from gnomeweb-wml to a
> > new module called 'release-notes' (ETA: tomorrow). This will allow the
> > release-notes to:
>
> Status update:
> I've created the release-notes module. It contains the ones from GNOME
> 2.12 - 2.22. Updating of library.go is currently manual work, but it
> does work for the 2.22 release notes.
>
> I'm now working on making it automatic. Meaning: commit to release-notes
> and the 2.22 library.go is updated a while later. This means I have to
> rewrite a few scripts.

Update: works good enough that people can commit again to release-notes
module. It doesn't update GNOME Library yet, but there are only a few
issues left.

Made www.gnome.org/start/2.20 redirect to
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.20

For 2.20 you can notice the nice language overview on the side. No need
to update the text for that :-)

Same for 2.22.. note that 2.22 is password protected.

> Ensuring older release notes work is of later worry.

There are some issues with 2.12 - 2.18 due to wrong 'id' usage. Fredp is
adding workarounds for that. The r-n module doesn't have anything older
than 2.12 ATM.

--
Regards,
Olav