Enabling accessibility by default for GNOME?

Hey All:

I realize this question comes up from time to time, but I'm curious about your thoughts of enabling accessibility by default for GNOME 2.24?

A number of stumbling and stability blocks have been removed (e.g., that darn "at-spi-registryd failed to start" dialog is now gone), and it would be a good service to our testers and end users to have a11y enabled by default.

For risks, however, there's the question of someone running a spyware application that captures keystrokes (as there would be for anyone able to get to the DISPLAY of the user), and we're potentially moving to DBus from CORBA for 2.26, resulting in potential instability.

In any case, I'm curious about your thoughts before I consider raising this on desktop-devel. That is, if you kill it here, I won't raise it there. ;-)

Will