Re: breaking libsoup API - a technical question and a policy question

Hi Dan,

Thanks for asking!

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008, à 15:07 -0500, Dan Winship a écrit :
> So what do you think? And if I'm going to do it, when? At this point,
> I'm thinking next Tuesday (ie, after the 2.21.5 tarball deadline, but
> still two weeks away from the beta1 deadline) makes the most sense.

So, technically, it's perfectly fine for you to break the API since
you're on the desktop and you have patches for most of the users of the
API. I wouldn't say it goes against the spirit of the policy since the
freeze is still fairly recent and you have patches.

Now the question is more about stability. I'd say it's fine to start
testing it now. It still makes quite some time for you to fix the new

Of course, the decision is still up to you.

Not quite sure why you'd want to wait after the 2.21.5 tarballs?

> Oh, that was the policy question. The technical question is, if we
> decide to not put libsoup 2.4 into GNOME 2.22, can I still put a 2.3.0
> tarball on (for people to test out and give feedback on),
> or will that cause it to automatically get sucked into GNOME 2.22?

If you tell us to not use 2.3.0, we won't use it. So in all cases,
you'll be able to release it.


Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]