Re: Release notes

Hi Elijah,

Some quick comments:

- Finding writers is always a tough task. GNOME Journal has a pool of
random writers. Maybe it's a good place to make a call for volunteers.

- However, the most demanding/relevant work around the release notes
is not the writing itself but gathering information from developers
about the major achievements in their modules. Finding people with
competence, energy and patience for doing this is quite hard. The
general process for organizing the release notes is documented[1] but
the actual work for making it is not. I'm sure Murray can comment more
on this.

- The Roadmap is supposed to help the preparation of the release
notes. However, we didn't provide good ways to "validate" the Roadmap
info (for some modules) at the end of the development cycle so that it
could be realibly used as a basis for the release notes. This is
something that I plan to improve for the 2.22 release.

--lucasr

ps: Murray is probably quite busy after the birth of his kid. Maybe it
will take some time until he replies.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes