Re: D-Bus roadmap?

Hi,

Andre Klapper wrote:
i would like to know if there is any planned release date for D-Bus 1.2,
but cannot find a D-Bus roadmap.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2007-November/008993.html

The date can be anytime someone does it ;-) instructions are in HACKING. I always feel guilty about doing it without applying all the many outstanding patches - some of which need review but many of which have been reviewed and just need to be committed. But, really there aren't showstoppers I know of.

The only caveat here is that if someone does apply significant patches, there should be another beta release added before 1.2.

The 1.2 release is a little bit academic, since all the main distributions already shipped 1.1.x anyhow.

Help is welcome on the release front or on the patch review/commit front. I can easily make time to review/commit one patch or make one release, but I really don't have time to review/commit all the patches or make regular releases. I try to reply to all the list threads and bugs so stuff isn't blocking on hearing from me, but that's about it.

Havoc