Re: perl bindings

Hi Matthias,

Le mercredi 03 décembre 2008, à 00:22 -0500, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> I was about ready to do the 2.25.2 release when the somewhat myserious
> 'link perl' step in the release howto made me wonder, and then I
> discovered that the modulesets that convert-to-tarballs.py created
> does not contain any perl bindings (all the other languages have a
> meta-gnome-binding-foo metamodule).  The versions file does list the
> perl modules, although it lists the 2.24.1 versions, not the 2.25.1
> versions. I notice that the 2.25.1 moduleset
> seems to have the same problem wrt to perl. Is this as intended ?

Yeah, that's all "intended". The perl bindings have always been absent
of the modulesets so far because we had (and still have) no way of
knowing the exact version that should be released as part of the
release -- and not having the perl bindings in the modulesets is no real
issue.

The stuff that is in versions is intended as a best effort, but is
always wrong (it just gets versions from CPAN, which is not good enough)
and should be updated based on what's in Torsten's directory.