Re: Press release for 2.20?

I like it.

We are still missing a theme, though. Andreas and the marketing guys
will have a hard time finding out what the splash banner should be
about. Journalists and casual bloggers won't find easily where to
start with apart from "GNOME 2.20 released".

You haven't mentioned the i18n improvements. My +1 to pick this as
theme since it is a pace where the platform is registering a lot of
improvement. This is my last attempt trying to influence the agenda.
:)  Feel free to commit or refuse.

GNOME 2.20 - TRULY MULTICULTURAL

The latest release of the GNOME desktop brings several improvements in
the areas of internationalization and localization, reflecting the
progress of free software in all continents. 5 new languages are fully
supported: Basque, Bengali, Chinese (Hong Kong) , Estonian and
Persian. Right To Left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew benefit now
from complete mirrored interfaces. Also vertical texts (used for
instance by Chinese) are better supported now with own variants of
punctuation marks. The Pango text rendering system has a new shaping
engine for the N'Ko script, used in West Africa, not well served by
computer systems until now.

There are many improvements in other areas of GNOME &gnomeversion;,
including: desktop search
integrated into the file chooser dialog; convenient new features in the
Evolution email and calendar client; enhanced browsing of image
collections; simplified system preferences; efficient power management
and incredibly accurate laptop battery monitoring. Developers receive
more help with application development thanks to a new version of the
GTK+ toolkit, improved tools, and a great new documentation web site.