Re: Bumping avahi requirement for GNOME to 0.6.21

On Nov 13, 2007 12:21 PM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> > In that case I ask to bump it to 0.6.17
>
> +1 for me (needs another +1)

Nah, external deps aren't like freeze break requests.  Any member of
the release team should feel free to update the external deps page or
direct anyone else to do so (e.g. build-brigade).  It's just that if
the build breaks due to the update, you're (at least partially) to
blame.  :-)  If my text on the ExternalDependencies page isn't clear
on this point, let me know how to fix it up.

Basically, I think version bump approvals should be somewhat
automatic; the approval is mostly there to avoid surprising people
with additional dependencies and build breaks (which got completely
out of control a few releases back).

Oh, and didn't we agree at the last r-t meeting to have build break
requests moved from d-d-l to release-team@, in order to lower the mail
volume there?  We need to update that wiki page with the new
instructions...

Elijah