Re: ORBit/bonobo deprecation?

I guess we'd like to see a clarification of what "will continue to be
supported ... throughout the GNOME 2.x series" means. Something explicitly
saying attempts to fix reported bugs will be made, patches will be
reviewed, the entire stack won't be pulled out from under our collective
a11y feet without warning, etc.

Pete

Peter Parente
IBM Linux Accessibility Project
pparent us ibm com
Tie: 526-2346
UNC: 919-962-1780
IBM: 919-486-2346

Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>
05/22/2007 04:18 PM

Peter Parente/Raleigh/IBM IBMUS
cc
Ariel Rios <ariel gnu org>, release-team gnome org, George
Kraft/Austin/IBM IBMUS, Larry Weiss/Austin/IBM IBMUS
Subject

tir, 22.05.2007 kl. 08.55 -0400, skrev Peter Parente:
> >> Maybe some words on the wiki clarifying what the b&C deprecation
means
> >> would be beneficial?
> >>
> > That would be the right thing to do.
>
> Great. Can someone from the release team include what Elijah said about
> continuing to release bug fixes, deprecated not implying unsupported,
etc.
> to the http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/Platform page? There is a
> brief note there already, but the clarifications would be appreciated.

Isn't that what's there already?

"The following modules are heading towards planned deprecation. They
will continue to be supported and API/ABI stable throughout the GNOME
2.x series, but we do not recommend using them in new applications
unless you require functionality that has not already been moved
elsewhere. Check the ProjectRidley page for more details about upcoming
changes to our platform."

What text do you want to add here?

deprecated != unsupported?

Cheers